Thursday, May 15, 2008

Camp Animation Update

I looked at the date today and it kind of scared me to realize that it's only little over a month before Staff Training begins. I am confident in saying that I will not be finished with this project by then. At this point, my goal is to have enough to show at the talent show at the end of Staff Training, as a way of introducing the whole staff to this project. I'll continue to work on the piece during the summer, hopefully finishing it before the first half; my motivation will depend on how much is colored by when. In the short term, my goal is to have a full animatic by the 20th, so I have exactly a month to animate a significant amount. If I only work three days a week, and my social life doesn't unexpectedly spring into action (Shit, I would imagine prom and Justin staying over for a week counts), this should be plausible.

I should also point out at this point that I've made some changes to my idea. I was really sold on the fire idea, but seeing this short thing by Bill Plympton gave me an idea that, while it may be more... done than the fire thing, it flows way better and doesn't seem as forced. The fire is now more of a frame for the body animation, which is a kind of metamorphosis/match cut flow of camp activities. This will make more sense in the animatic.

No comments: